Thursday, March 5, 2009

To move or not to move?

Well the plan was for Morgan to land an exciting and well-paying job this summer and we would move out of Wymount and find a nice beautiful house to live in for the next 10 years. So for months and months we've been praying for Morgan's career. And he does get a lot of calls, but none of those jobs seem to be "right." (Prestigious enough to support a family, benefits, etc. CS has quite the range of opportunities.)

So we've decided to apply for grad school!! We scrambled around to get Morgan's application in. We were fortunate that the BYU CS department would accept his application even after the due date had passed. He signed up for, studied for, and took the GRE all in less that 2 weeks. WOW! Pretty good for him. (Have I mentioned lately that I have an amazing husband??!) Right now they are considering his application. It looks like the committee will be meeting in 2 weeks, so the earliest we will find out is in 2 weeks from now. (Marking calendar... week of March 19) BYU grad school is our first choice.

So, looks like if things go as planned then we will stay here in Wymount longer. =} We seem bonded to this ward in a few different ways, even though 60% of the families are moving out this summer. (I think Morgan and I are included in that moving out statistic.) Of course if Morgan is not accepted then I'll have to post our first backup plan =).

Now the great emotional tear-jerking question is:
Will we EVER have our own washer and dryer??

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Good luck with everything! Whatever happens will be an adventure and wonderful in its own way!