Thursday, September 17, 2009

Elizabeth's Trip to Mars (SL Planetarium)

Elizabeth is all packed up and ready to go! All this anticipation of going to Mars has her pretty much jumping off the walls. She never imagined in her wildest dreams the incredible things she'd see in just a short time. After lots of training, plenty of sleep, and packing a big box of extra diapers, she is ready to take off!

One of Elizabeth's favorite parts of training was learning to fly the space shuttle. Who wouldn't love that? Here she is, navigating us among the planets. She's quite the little pro.



Once she safetly landed on Mars, Elizabeth met the Martians for the first time. Here she is greeting them:

Elizabeth is the first baby to ever explore Mars. This is a picture of her first few moments treading Martian territory. She posted an American flag, too. That's off to the right, next to her new martian friend, who was camera shy.


We had dinner with our fellow space travelers. Elizabeth made sure to include them in our conversation. It's not like her to leave anyone out of the loop.



After she returned home, Elizabeth was invited to make a TV appearance. They asked her to bring her best friend, so she brought along her #1 buddy, Daddy. Thanks for all the calls and letters from Elizabeth's fans. Due to the volume of fan mail, we regret we cannot reply to everyone.

I'm glad to have my little angel home again after all that space travel.

4 comments:

Jared and Nikki said...

What a fun post! I love it!

Matt and Haley said...

Love your new haircut! I've always wanted to go super short, but have been too chicken. It looks so cute on you.

Erin said...

So cute! Where did you go to do all of that fun stuff?

BA said...

These are great! It's good to see pictures of you and your family. I actually added another post to my blog too, but when I tried to send it to you, I found that I have the wrong email address now. So if you could please send me the correct one, that would be great. In the meantime, here is the link to my blog: http://bethannesadventures.blogspot.com/2009/12/home-from-guatemala.html

I hope you have a great day!