Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Few Fun Moments

I was really glad that I had a camera at this moment.


Watching the snow outside! We had a few snow storms - oh so pretty!


Christmas tree. Elizabeth spent a lot of time under the tree sitting on presents. I was surprised that she didn't open all of them. One box she pushed around so much that it accidentally opened. The second one we actually handed to her hoping she would open it. We got a package a couple weeks before Christmas from my parents, and we knew that Harry Potter 6 would be in there. But it was wrapped!! So we debated whether we should open it. We let Elizabeth decide. Then we enjoyed the movie. The third present she opened on her own. She found some cool kid's books in there from my parents. I thought, "oh no, now she'll know that opening presents yields gifts." But she didn't open another one. Not even on Christmas - we had to open them for her.


Elizabeth's first crayon. She enjoys scribbling, but when we left her alone with the crayon this is what we found. And I searched for crayon shavings on the ground, but there were NONE. Where oh where did they all go?


We spent Thanksgiving in Manti with Morgan's grandpa. We walked over to the temple and played in the fields a bit.


Katie and Emmie ran up the hill with Elizabeth and came back saying that she was huffing and puffing. hehe - Similar to what she does when climbing up stairs.


Trip to Arctic Circle. Cute red outfit:


Christmas at Cherie's - climbing up the stairs with a Santa hat on.


Occasionally I wish for some alone-quilting time, and so Morgan made a barrier between the table and the living room so that Elizabeth could not come over to my side. This barrier, however, has improved much since our first attempt (below). Now the barrier consists of the high chair (angled so the she can't climb under it) and a tipped-over vacuum cleaner. Yup, it works great. Elizabeth stays as far away from the vacuum as she can. There were a few moments when she started feeling brave (inching toward the vacuum in order to cross the barrier) and Morgan simply turned on the vacuum for a second - successfully reestablishing the boundaries and Mommy's solidarity.

2 comments:

Katiemarie said...

Haha these are the cutest pictures[: Especially the ones that I took! lol.

Lindsay said...

I love it all! She is so cute!