Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Roomba

We got a ROOMBA vacuum! It is INCREDIBLE. We love it because it will clean while we are gone. I love it because it cleans better than our old vacuum - especially in corners and against the wall. It is noisy, but not nearly as bad as a normal vacuum. You can have it running while you are in the room, but I prefer to have it off especially when I get a headache. It takes quite a while to do a room, but when you are gone that doesn't make a difference. I've been impressed with its ability to overcome electrical cords. It never falls down the stairs, either. We have found that it has a couple of weaknesses.
1. Lizzy's tutu. We came home from church and it was on top of the tutu where it had given up.
2. Lizzy's fairy wings.
3. Baby socks. One time I couldn't find the Roomba. I had let it go loose in the house (which isn't the best way to use it). Lizzy finally found it under her bed where it had choked on a sock. When she saw it, she yells, "FIND IT!"

Jordan has a love-hate relationship with the Roomba. He will crawl up to it, hit it, and wait to see what happens. If it does nothing, then he will hit it again. Once he hits the right spot then the Roomba will do a triumphant "beep beep beep beep" and then start the motor and started rolling along. At this point Jordan is terrified and is crawling away as fast as he can.

He has a boo boo on his head. This is his first "opps" bandaid.


Jordan is a master crawler. He knows how to stand, but he doesn't know that he knows. Whenever I deliberately stand him up he plops down. But if he has something in his hand, you hand him a grape, and he takes it with his free hand - HA! he's standing! But he doesn't realize he can stand.

I got this cool wind flower a couple months ago to put in our barren garden. It's not barren anymore and the flower is such a cute bright addition welcoming you to our house. The kids love to play with it.


Lizzy usually clams up when we try to get her to talk on the phone. But this night she was feeling quite talkative. Here she is singing songs to my parents over the phone. =)


Lizzy sees a butterfly and says to Jordan, "BABY! LOOK! BABY! LOOK!"

I get her ready in the morning and she says, "I want to go to church." Well, I'm glad at least one of us enjoys it!

Morgan's new car is a 2006 bright blue Kia Spectra 5. Our van is a 2006 orangie red Mazda5. When we first got the van Lizzy labeled it: "Sissy's car." The other night, however, she made a new announcement. Pointing at the red car she says, "Sissy don't want red car." Turning and pointing to the blue car she declares, "Sissy's blue car." Now she'll say in the middle of the day, "I want to go in the blue car," or "I want to go to church in the blue car." Yes, Morgan's blue car is pretty.


No comments: