Sunday, November 22, 2015

Lizzy's Pink and Purple Furniture

We thought it would be fun to paint Lizzy's old furniture. This homework desk came from Matt and Teresa and apparently they got it from DI for $5. Ha! Looks great now. Lizzy picked out the knobs from Lowe's and Hobby Lobby. It is purple and the inside of the drawers are pink.


 





This is her headboard from Natalie T. that used to be a washed out white. It is purple and the top stripe is pink.





This the dresser that I grew up with. It had some stains on it that I could never get off, so it looked a bit grimy. Now it looks great! It is pink and the inside of the drawers are purple. I smeared vaseline all over the drawer guides and now they open super smooth again. 



This is Lizzy painting glow in the dark paint on the vinyl decals that would go on her furniture. We painted a thin film over the stickers, but the stickers to do not seem to glow. So that method didn't work. I might try something else... we will see. 


These decals are removable. Lizzy got to put them where she wanted and Jordan helped her.

Yes, Jordan has been jealous. I told him that I was planning on making him a car bed and we would paint it together. Of course he's ready to do it now. But it is uncomfortably cold outside nowadays so I told him that we will do it in the spring. He's counting down the days. In the meantime I'm researching how to take on this project. 

No comments: