Sunday, January 24, 2016

Scanning Photos

Mom and Dad found several large boxes of photos that I had taken since elementary school. What in the world was I going to do with all these pictures? I looked into a photo scanning service. That would have cost hundreds of dollars!! So I looked into getting a photo scanner. Yes, we already have a flatbed scanner that takes 20 seconds or so to do 1 scan. That wasn't going to work. So I found a scanner, Doxie One for $128 on Amazon. It is great! It takes about 4 seconds per photo. You don't have to be connected to a computer. You just turn it on and start scanning. All the photos are saved on an SD card. When you are done scanning you connect to your computer and upload those photos like you would from a USB drive. The kids, of course, helped. =) I love that it was so simple that they could help. We scanned a couple thousand photos! Now I'm working on getting those photos online to share. 




1 comment:

Jessie said...

I cant wait to see how these turn out digitally!!! What a great find! Remember that film scanner you got me? The quality was pretty bad. Does this one scan negatives or just hard copy photos? I have the same issue... about 8-9 boxes of photos up in the closet! You should email me more details about it. Sounds awesome!