Apparently a poplar tree lives a short life. Around 20 years. When the tree starts dying then the roots rot and you get HUGE MUSHROOMS in your backyard. This explains the gigantic mushrooms that grew around that tree stump when we first moved in. Morgan took out the rotted stump with a shovel and the mushrooms didn't come back.
So our poplar tree died. We had to get someone to come take it down and haul it away. It filled up a huge truck! It was a very tall tree, the tallest around our house. It gave fantastic shade. I am sad that it is gone. Morgan is glad it is gone.
We got a plumb tree from Cherie and bought a WILLOW TREE and a PEACH TREE to make up for the lack of shade in our yard. Right now each of those trees is nothing more than a TWIG. We have several years to go until we get any shade. =/ But I'm looking forward to it! (That's hope for ya.)
I found a coupon for a free strawberry plant, so I got a strawberry plant. And a raspberry bush on sale - it's just a twig right now, too. I've been watering all of our new plant life and I hope it all grows and lives!
Remember those amazingly beautiful tulips that our house had last year? Well… they are growing again! I'm so excited for them to bloom. Last year they bloomed on Easter, but I'm afraid they may not be ready to bloom by tomorrow.
Lizzy's pretty red dress is the one that my mom and I made for her while my mom was visiting. It was really hard! And needless to say it would not have been made if my mom didn't do most of it. =)
2 comments:
Oh, I LOVE shade trees!!!! I can understand why you are so sad.. but I hate mushrooms.. so I can understand why Morgan is so happy! haha. Sounds like you got some amazing plants! My parents always bought fruit trees, too. Great idea as long as they fruit where you live (which, it sounds like they should). Berries, too! YUM!! I loved our fruit trees.. & I am sure your kiddos will have good memories with them in the years to come.
Lizzy looks like a doll in her dress! Good job making it! & getting her picture by those fabulous tulips! The one of her hugging Jordan is priceless :)
Great job on the dress! Even if you mom did do most of it, it is fabulous and you gained experience to help you in the future. I'm so excited for the day we have a garden (flower and food) and fruit trees! Oh, and a back yard! =)
Post a Comment